Monday, July 21, 2014

Good times

Last two weeks have been super awesome two weeks in our house hold. Last few days kind of feel like a dream that I wish never ended. It happens when you are surrounded by people who love so so so very dearly. My sister visited me in Seattle and was joined by her husband shortly after. While I missed my nieces a lot, I was beyond ecstatic to have my sister with me! We did what sisters do together – we shopped, we ate, we hiked, we fought, we argued, we laughed, we roamed around aimlessly.


We then spent the last two weeks at my brother’s place in California. Siddharth loves vacations in which there is absolutely zero agenda. I personally need agenda on vacations. But that is more practical when it is just the two of us. Even then I have learnt to let go of my pro-agenda attitude lately, because that’s what having two babies can do to you. No agenda ever makes sense. You make agenda, kids break agenda. A simple task of leaving the house to go out to restaurant seems like a goliathic task that scares me away from a 100 feet radius. Anyway, that is beside the point. The point is that I am beginning to like no agenda vacations and it makes sense when there are more than two adults making decisions.

So my dream vacation commenced when the trouble makers (my brother & his much better half, my sister and her dear hubs, and us) got together under one roof. We did everything that we would want to do on a vacation – eat, drink, play, relax, and more relax. What made it truly beautiful was taking one day at a time and deciding what to do depending on what we felt like on that day.

Ooh, and btw – kids enjoyed this vacation because they got so much time with Happy Mama and Masi (my sister), of walking in the parks, and of having aimless fun! And much to everyone’s surprise, my angelic daughter is not so angelic anymore. She pushes Rehan all the time. Now Rehan run in opposite direction the minute he sees Sammy approaching him. So I keep telling Sammy to not push because it gives Oouuii. But once Rehan has been pushed enough number of times, he bites. Eeks. While I try my level best to not interfere when the kids are fighting so they can resolve their own differences, I have to discourage the behavior of pushing and biting. Anyway, moral of the story is, my kids are growing up very fast. They are not in the anything-everything-goes-in-the-name-of-cute stage anymore. They are growing up!

Oh, well.




It was the kind of vacation my system badly needed. It involved barbecue, corn, sun, water, rain, hail, conversations, music, sitting on the beach, jet-skiing, kayaking, perfect weather, perfect breeze, being in water, just enough booze, good food and family. It was like heaven on earth. The best part was I cracked the code of my fear when it comes to jet-skiing. So here is the thing. I have always preferred sitting behind on a jetski because I have always been so scared of driving it. So this time, in my infinite wisdom, I decided to drive the jetski. I realized I was in control of how fast/slow I wanted to go and exactly when to speed up versus slow down. It was so much easier and so much more fun. I can’t wait for my next jetski experience now!


I am having withdrawal symptoms now and am missing being close to my family. So I will spend this time looking at some 1000+ pictures we took over the last two weeks.
 

No comments: